Admission requirements for MBA-DME at a glance
- Completed first degree (undergraduate/Bachelor’s level) with professional qualification in the field of media, IT or business
- Above-average degree (minimum 2.5 overall grade in the German grading system, or equivalent for foreign institutions )
- At least two years' relevant professional experience (not including internships)
Please use the application form provided by the university.
Copies of the following documents must be enclosed with the application:
- Proof of the first university degree qualifying for a profession (officially certified copy)
- Curriculum vitae in German language
- Evidence of at least two years' professional experience indicating the nature and extent of the duties carried out
- Proof of English language skills (minimum B2 level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages – CEFR) and German language skills (for non-native speakers; e.g. DSH2, TestDaF4)
- Motivation letter in German language (please use this PDF form)
- Job references and other documents proving suitability and motivation for the Master's program
The application documents should also be submitted in paper form.
- Study and examination achievements of the first university degree; between 0 and 10 points x weighting factor 1.5 (maximum 15 points)
- Work experience; between 0 and 10 points x weighting factor 1.5 (maximum 15 points)
- Letter of motivation with the following five sections:
- What is your motivation to apply for the DME Master's program? (6 points)
- In which applied-research topics do you want to work as part of the DME program? (2 points)
- What methodological skills do you have from your previous studies? (3 points)
- Which focuses do you want to set for yourself personally in your Master's degree? (6 points)
- What role does the completion of the DME Master's program play in your further career planning? (3 points)
For each applicant, a differentiated evaluation with a maximum score of 50 points is prepared. The letters of motivation are assessed by the DME selection committee. Program places are awarded in accordance with a ranking list based on applicants’ total scores. (§ 20 para. 3 Hochschulvergabeverordnung (HVVO) applies in the event of equal ranking places.)
Tuition fees and billing
The tuition fee is charged per semester, amounting to a total of 12,990.- €. A tuition fee of 2,212.50 € is charged for repeat semesters. No fees are charged for semesters on leave of absence, provided that the application for the leave was submitted before the start of the lecture period.
It is invoiced in four installments, per semester, as follows:
First semester: 3,500 €
Second semester: 3,500 €
Third semester: 3,500 €
Fourth semester: *2,490 €
*During the fourth and final semester, students usually prepare the Master's thesis.
Many of our students complete the MBA program with their employer’s financial support towards their tuition fees. In this case, separate invoices are also possible (e.g., 50% of the fees charged to the MBA student and 50% to their employer). Please inform us in good time if multiple invoices are required and in which amounts.
Application deadline and start of studies
Admission is granted for every winter semester (classes start on September 1) and summer semester (classes start on March 1).
The application deadline is July 15 for the following semester and January 15 for the following semester.
Web link to the online application form
Address for applications
Offenburg University of Applied Sciences